£229.99RRP £399.99Out of stock, back soonEMAIL WHEN IN STOCK Out of Stock, Back Soon
Aquaforce Pond Pumps by Hozelock
Aquaforce pond pumps by Hozelock set high performance and efficiency benchmarks in flow rates and head heights. The range of Aquaforce filter and waterfall pumps has been developed to be tough, trouble free and efficient.
- Self Cooling System – the motors feature a water-cooling system, which ensures that the pumps are kept at a constant temperature and reduce the risk of overheating.
- Ceramic Bearings – maximise pump life and along with thrust washers ensure the motors are ultra reliable.
- Conical Impeller – maximises performance.
- Fish Protection System - a removable Fish Protection System allows you to reduce the inlet from 6mm/10mm to 2mm, to prevent fish getting into the cage.
- Carry Handle – integral carrying handle for easy lifting in and out of the pond.
How the Aquaforce works
Pond water is drawn in through the cage grill which filters out coarse solids up to 6mm/10mm in size (dependent on model). Smaller particles down to 2mm in size can be eliminated by fitting the supplied clip-in fine mesh filter tray which affords the best possible protection for pond fish, preventing them from accessing the pump.
The Aquaforce has a considerably increased cage surface area, which allows the maximum amount of waste to be collected and pumped to the filter system. It also means that the cage is far less likely to clog, which will save you from constant cleaning.
The most common Aquaforce set up is pumping water to external filters or for use in high flow waterfalls or watercourse applications where low maintenance is important. For the best results, the pump should be positioned in the deepest part of the pond at least 200mm under the surface. This will ensure the best circulation of water in the pond. When being used as a filtration pump, its solids handling capability will be maximised.
The larger Aquaforce models (6000, 8000, 12000 & 15000) feature a second inlet and flow control. The second inlet allows the use of a skimmer or satellite filter and the flow control allows the adjustment of the flow of water to a waterfall or filter. It also allows the control of the amount of water being drawn from the second inlet.
Explore our full range of Pond Pumps.